- The very first race at Laguna was won by Team Lotus driver and Lotus 49 F1 privateer Pete Lovely.
- The famed hairpin at turn 2 is named after Lotus` own 1978 World Champion Mario Andretti.
- The 1995 Monterey Historics with Lotus as the featured marque
- The world debut of the Lotus Exos T125 and the North American premiere of the Lotus Evora GT4 were held at Laguna last year
- Lotus Cup USA holds an annual race at the track
The Golden Gate Lotus Club, Lotus Cup USA and Lotus Cars USA presents the newest chapter in this historic tradition: Corkscrew Mania 2011!
What is Corkscrew Mania? It’s a FULL day of Lotusing. There’s Lotus Cup USA racing, a VIP Hospitality tent, a Lotus Autocross, a Lotus Tech Session that will cover track preparation, tires and more. On top of that there’s a VIP BBQ lunch, track rides around the famous 11-turns of Laguna Seca (including the renowned “Corkscrew”) and a Lotus Corral. To be held on Sunday June 26th at the famed Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca, Corkscrew Mania is THE Lotus event for every Lotus enthusiast in Northern California.
|CORKSCREW MANIA SCHEDULE
Sunday, June 26, 2011
|Check-in & Registration||9:00-12:00|
|GGLC Lotus Corral||9:00-5:00|
|VIP Hospitality Tent||9:00-5:00|
|Lotus Cup Tech Session||11:00-12:00|
|Lotus Track Rides||11:45-12:15|
|Lotus VIP BBQ Lunch||11:45-1:30|
|Lotus Cup Racing||1:30-2:30|
|Lotus Cup Awards||3:00-3:30|
- Advanced Registration is required. NO Walk Ups!
- Please bring a helmet if you want to autocross (some loaners are available)
- Only Lotus cars will be allowed to park in the GGLC-Lotus Corral
- Entry fee is ONLY $10/car for GGLC members. Non-members are welcome. Non-member entry fee is $25/car. (There is a separate $10/car track entry fee to enter the paddock area)
Register by going to www.gglotus.org/corkscrewmania
Registration deadline is June 20, 2011.
Are you interested in racing, time trials or track events? Want to participate in the Lotus Cup USA events? Check out www.lotuscupusa.us for details.