Our 2nd autox of the 2023 season will be held at Crow’s Landing on Saturday April 8th.
Registration will open for members tomorrow (Wednesday 22-Mar-23) at 8pm, non-members can sign up a week later if there are still spots available.
Click here to sign up via MotorsportsReg.
As usual we have an online speedwaiver that you can sign beforehand: https://gglotusax.speedwaiver.com/hfkxc
Hope you can all make it.
Registration is now open for our Thunderhill 5 mile event on May 22. Click here to register via MotorsportsReg. We have sold one run session to another club who will be running their own cars and rules. The GGLC will have 2 groups. One for Novice/Intermediate with restricted passing rules, and one for Intermediate/Advanced with open passing. Each group will be scheduled for six 25 and 30 minute sessions.
We are looking for experienced drivers to volunteer as coaches. You will receive a $50 discount, free lunch, and window stickers to go out in ALL of the sessions. You must be a High Intermediate or Advanced driver with 20+ trackdays experience including at least 5 with GGLC. You must be pre-approved for this, so send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your qualifications before you sign up.
- This event is open to ALL brands of cars.
- $290 for GGLC members and $310 for non-members. You can join the club for $25 when you sign up and take the $20 discount immediately.
- Cancellations with full refund are allowed before May 7.
- $100 discount if you are a first-time track driver or first time tracking with the GGLC
- We will have experiened drivers available to coach Beginners and Novices.
- Each group is scheduled for five 25 minute sessions and one thirty minute session. The 30 minute session will be the last one of the day and open to all cars with restricted passing rules.
- We have a few spots open for beginners who have never driven on a racetrack before. We will pair you with a personal coach for the entire day.
- Novice/Intermediate Group will allow passing without a pointby on most of the straights and passes in turns only allowed with a pointby..
- Intermediate/Advanced group is open passing. Open passing is NOT a race. Cars being passed are rerquired to make it happen easily and safely.
- Open wheel cars are allowed in the Advanced Group only.
The Golden Gate Lotus Club has been running open track events for over 20 years. We are a non-profit group and our goal is to provide low-hassle open track days with responsible drivers and maximum track time.
All brands of cars are welcome at our events. Typical events are about 15% Lotus and 85% other cars. Lemons-type race cars are allowed if they are in excellent mechanical condition (Lemons type cars will receive a special safety inspection at the track). Open top cars must have a roll bar with rear braces or factory installed roll-over protection (pop-up bars or similar). Roll bars in open cars must pass the broomstick test (top of drivers helmet must not be above the top off the roll bar and windscreen. Open wheel race cars are allowed in the Advanced Group only.