Lotus and Laguna Seca are two of the most famous names in motorsport and have a long and illustrious history together:
- The very first race at Laguna was won by Team Lotus driver and Lotus 49 F1 privateer Pete Lovely.
- The famed hairpin at turn 2 is named after Lotus` own 1978 World Champion Mario Andretti.
- The 1995 Monterey Historics with Lotus as the featured marque
- The world debut of the Lotus Exos T125 and the North American premiere of the Lotus Evora GT4 were held at Laguna last year
- Lotus Cup USA holds an annual race at the track
The Golden Gate Lotus Club, Lotus Cup USA and Lotus Cars USA presents the newest chapter in this historic tradition: Corkscrew Mania 2011!
What is Corkscrew Mania? It’s a FULL day of Lotusing. There’s Lotus Cup USA racing, a VIP Hospitality tent, a Lotus Autocross, a Lotus Tech Session that will cover track preparation, tires and more. On top of that there’s a VIP BBQ lunch, track rides around the famous 11-turns of Laguna Seca (including the renowned “Corkscrew”) and a Lotus Corral. To be held on Sunday June 26th at the famed Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca, Corkscrew Mania is THE Lotus event for every Lotus enthusiast in Northern California.
|CORKSCREW MANIA SCHEDULE
Sunday, June 26, 2011
|Check-in & Registration||9:00-12:00|
|GGLC Lotus Corral||9:00-5:00|
|VIP Hospitality Tent||9:00-5:00|
|Lotus Cup Tech Session||11:00-12:00|
|Lotus Track Rides||11:45-12:15|
|Lotus VIP BBQ Lunch||11:45-1:30|
|Lotus Cup Racing||1:30-2:30|
|Lotus Cup Awards||3:00-3:30|
- Advanced Registration is required. NO Walk Ups!
- Please bring a helmet if you want to autocross (some loaners are available)
- Only Lotus cars will be allowed to park in the GGLC-Lotus Corral
- Entry fee is ONLY $10/car for GGLC members. Non-members are welcome. Non-member entry fee is $25/car. (There is a separate $10/car track entry fee to enter the paddock area)
Register by going to www.gglotus.org/corkscrewmania
Registration deadline is June 20, 2011.
Corkscrew Mania is sponsored by Dietsch Werks and Exotic Autoworks.
Questions can be directed to webguy-at-gglotus.org or to prez-at-gglotus.org
Are you interested in racing, time trials or track events? Want to participate in the Lotus Cup USA events? Check out www.lotuscupusa.us for details.