Sam from the Youtube channel SeenThroughGlass just posted his thoughts after a 1000 mile drive in the Emira.
Live the experience of a GGLC autocross from where you are when you watch stuff on Youtube. To join in the fun in real life, go to the club autocross page and get details for the next event.
Registration is now open for our event at Thunderhill East on the Classic 3 mile layout. Enter early to get the nice discount.
- $205 for GGLC members and $225 for non-members. You can join the club for $25 when you sign up and take the $20 discount immediately.
- Additional $20 off if you register by March 31. Yes that’s right, total price is only $185 for members who sign up quickly.
- Cancellations with full refund are allowed before April 30.
- All brands of cars are welcome.
- Each group is scheduled for 7 twenty minute sessions.
- We have a few spots open for beginners who have never driven on a racetrack before. We will pair you with a personnal coach.
- Novice and Intermediate groups will have open passing on the long straights and pointbys required on the short straights and in turns.
- Advanced group is open passing.
- Open wheel cars are allowed in the Advanced Group only.
The Golden Gate Lotus Club has been running open track events for over 20 years. We are a non-profit group and our goal is to provide low-hassle open track days for minimum cost with maximum track time.
All brands of cars are welcome at our events. Typical events are about 20% Lotus and 80% other cars. Lemons-type race cars are allowed if they are in excellent mechanical condition (Lemons cars will receive a special safety inspection at the track). Open top cars must have a roll bar with rear braces or factory installed roll-over protection (pop-up bars or similar). Roll bars in open cars must pass the broomstick test. (top of drivers helment must not be above the top off the roll bar and windscreen.
Future GGLC dates:
July 7 Sonoma Raceway
September 2 Sonoma Raceway
October 15 Streeets of Willows at Willow Springs
The GGLC has just secured a single run group at Sonoma Raceway on Sunday April 10, 2022. We are sharing the day with LightSpeed. This is for Intermediate and Advanced drivers only and you will be mixed in a single run group. We will have open passing on most of the course with pointbys requried in the more tricky and high speed turns. You must have 15 trackdays mininmum experience and be comfortable in a mostly open passing format. Price is $285 for five 20 minute sessions and you do not have to be a GGLC member. Go to http://msreg.com/gglcsonoma to register. Hurry up because this is certain to sell out fast.
Hope you all have been working on your cars over the winter break and are ready to start racing again! The GGLC will hold our first autox event of the season at the Cow Palace in Daly City on Sunday March 27th.
The event will open at 8pm on Sunday March 6th:
Online waivers can be signed using SpeedWaiver. It’s best to use your phone as part of the signing process requires taking a photo of yourself:
Passengers, co-drivers, and instructors will be allowed to ride together in the same car as long as both people are vaccinated or both are from the same household. Guests are also welcome as long as they are vaccinated. Please read the event guidelines carefully:
The Cow Palace has been receiving noise complaints, so please note the following restrictions:
• Have a functioning muffled exhaust system
• Run adjustable exhaust systems in the quietest mode.
• Always follow local regulations when driving to and from the event.
• Accelerate slowly from lights. No “showboating” for any reason. Please report any violation to event management.
• Avoid extraneous revving of engines
• No heating brakes and/or tires by accelerating and decelerating off course
• Obey the 15mph paddock speed while on-site
Again, be sure to read the event guidelines. If you fail to adhere to them you will not be permitted to run and you will be asked to leave, forfeiting your entry fees.
Mark your calendars!!!
The GGLC 2022 Track Day Schedule (subject to change)
Feb 5 – LCOSC Streets of Willow
Feb 23 – GGLC Laguna Seca
Mar 14 – GGLC Buttonwillow
May 16 – GGLC Thunderhill East
July 7 – GGLC Sonoma Raceway
Sept 2 – GGLC Sonoma Raceway
Oct 15 – LCOSC Streets of Willow
Join the FUN!!!