Come join the Golden Gate Lotus Club for an open track event at Laguna Seca Raceway on Monday, March 29, 2021. This will be a 90dB event and all types of cars are welcome to join.
Price is $250 for members and $270 for non-members. You can become a GGLC member for $25 when you register and take the member discount immediately.
This event will be divided into 3 run groups running every 20 minutes. You will sign up for Novice, Intermediate, or Advanced, depending on your skill level and experience. Advanced Group is for experienced drivers with 18+ track days/racing experience or equivalent. Intermediate Group is for drivers with a minimum of 8 track days experience, and Novice Group will be for drivers with at least 1 track day of prior experience. Sign-up for whichever group is appropriate for your experience level. Since the group size is limited by Laguna Seca, it may be difficult to switch to another group if you feel uncomfortable or if you signed-up for the wrong run group. Open wheeled cars will be allowed only in the Advanced Group.
Be aware that Laguna Seca will strictly enforce the 90dB sound limit. If you have a loud exhaust or intake, you should take appropriate measures to ensure you pass the sound meter.
Each driver is responsible for ensuring that his car is in proper track condition. We will not conduct a regular tech inspection of everyone’s cars but we will take a close look at any car that appears to be poorly maintained or that we receive reports about. Any cars with significant body damage or missing paint are likely to be subjected to an inspection. Lemon’s and similar race cars are welcome at our events, but if you bring one, then you should expect us to visit your pit and make a close inspection of your car. Anything that we feel is unsafe or likely to cause your car to break on-track will be reason for disqualification. BIG no-nos include sketchy fuel lines, any fuel or water leaks, moderate or larger oil leaks, loose parts, cord showing or nearly showing thru tires. Of course there are many other issues that could disqualify you as well.
For drivers experiencing mechanical failures that result in dropping oil on the track, damage to track property such as broken brake markers, etc., and deployment of the fire truck which results in any additional charges to us for clean-up, repair to track property, etc., we will consider whether to pass on these additional costs to the responsible driver on a case-by-case basis.
Please note that we will be making some adjustments to our normal track day due to the Coronavirus. Also, be prepared to jump through some Monterey County hoops to comply with their Covid requirements. We will do our best to keep you up to date on what those are.
1. There will be no beginner spots available since this would require us to put a coach in your passenger seat.
2. There will likely be no type of in-person sign-up at the track and we will conduct a “virtual driver’s meeting” by email.
3. You should expect to receive an email a few days before the event that will explain all the exciting stuff that you would normally hear at our regular meeting
and you are required to read the WHOLE THING.
4. At the track we will also likely conduct a brief “meeting” over the PA system with some important details and updates that you must listen to.
5. We will not be supplying any coffee, munchies, etc. and we will not have our large shade structure for everybody to hang out under.
6. Everyone must maintain appropriate social distance of 6’ from persons whom you don’t live with and/or didn’t ride up in the same car.
7. Each person must bring a face covering so that it will be available in case they need to interact with others at close range.
Click here to sign up via MotorsportsReg. Within a few days of registering, you will receive a confirmation email with some event details. Read this email. If you do not receive a confirmation email, check your SPAM folder. Another email will be sent out a few days before the event with Driver’s meeting info and probably more Covid stuff. Read it!
See you at the track.