The Annual Anti-Football Drive is Saturday January 30 and returns to the Peninsula. This is a casual moderate paced drive. The road conditions are always iffy at this time of the year so the pace will take into consideration the recent and then current weather.
Meet at 9:00am at Starbucks
111 De Anza Blvd
San Mateo, CA 94402
This is just off Hwy 92 near I280
We will depart at 9:30 sharp.
The route will be straight forward and easy to follow.
- Left from the Starbucks parking lot onto De Anza
- Right onto Hwy 92 toward Half Moon Bay
- Continue on Hwy 92 toward Half Moon Bay at I280
- Left at Skyline Blvd (Hwy 35)
- Continue south on Hwy 35 past Hwy 84 (Alice’s)
- We stop for break at the Vista Point on Skyline about 18.5 miles from Hwy 92 (photo opp)
- Continue past Hwy 9
- Left at Black Road (about 14 miles from the Vista Point)
- Left on Montevina Rd (4.5 miles, T-intersection)
- Left at Bear Creek Rd and across Hwy 17
- Left onto Old Santa Cruz Hwy and merge onto Hwy 17 North
- Continue 9 mi on Hwy 17 to the Hamilton Ave (#25) exit
- Right at the end of the Off-Ramp toward “Bascom Ave. South” (Creekside)
- Right on Campisi Way (T-intersection).
- Follow Campisi to the parking lot for the Prune Yard Shopping Center. You will see Rock Bottom Brewery on your left. There will be a parking structure on your right that may have more parking.
Lunch will be at the Rock Bottom Brewery at 1875 S Bascom Ave #700, Campbell, CA 95008.
Lunch will be from 11:30 to 12:30.
Route from Rock Bottom to Rosicrusian
- Get to S. Bascom Ave and make a left onto S. Bascom
- Veer Right onto Naglee Ave (2.7 miles)
- Continue to Chapman St and park in the parking lot on the corner
- We stop briefly at the Vista Point on the left to gather up the group
Rosicrusian Museum & Tour
Our final stop is the Rosicrucian Egyptian Museum. Please head immediately to the Museum lobby so we can enter as a group. There is a Tomb Tour at 1:30pm that we can participate in, but we need to be at the museum promptly. http://www.egyptianmuseum.org/
RSVP is required for the Lunch & Museum stops!
Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org